Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spotlight Dance Competition

Over this weekend I had my Spotlight dance competition. It was insane. I performed really well, but there was some rough spots. For example, a girl was throwing up so bad that she couldn't go on stage. Another girl had an asthma attack after a dance. Another girl got dropped on her butt on stage. It was pretty crazy but still we ended up doing really good. Our Jazz (Glitter) got the highest award and 4th place overall. Our Tap dance (It's Not Unusual) got the highest award and 3rd place overall. Our Contemporary dance (Seven Nation Army) got the second highest award. My hair afterwards was a mess. It was put into a bump and sprayed with Aqua Net, the stiffest hairspray ever. It was a pain to get out. Even a day later, my hair still smells like Aqua Net. I managed to take some pictures, though.

All my yucky make-up.

Me with my make-up on. It doesn't even look like me!!!!

The line of dancer stuff. Our dressing room tables were littered with three things: make-up, hairspray, and junk food.

My hair once I took it down from the bump.

Lucky for me, I was able to collect our jazz awards and take pictures with them. Notice how this is my hair AFTER I brushed it.


I got this amazing shirt. It says,''My dance season never ends''. I love that t-shirt.
~Aubrey :)


1 comment: