Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 355

 Before I tell you the story behind this picture, ask yourself what is this???? Most people probably would say dirt or ash. You are only partially correct. It is burnt popcorn. What happened was I had some friends over to hand out and I wanted to pop some popcorn. I glanced at the bag and saw 4 minutes. What I didn't see was the Warning: Most popcorn will be done in 1 1/2 minutes, watch carefully!!!! I threw it in there and went back to playing Rock Band with my buddies. The timer went off and when I wen to go get the popcorn smoke was pouring out of the microwave. I picked up the popcorn quickly and threw it outside into the windy night. Meanwhile, my friends fanned the air and opened some windows. I really just didn't want to set off the fire alarms. After everything died down, we continued hanging out. Our house didn't stop smelling like burnt popcorn for like a day in a half. Even then, our microwave still sort of smells like burnt popcorn. What happened to the bag I threw outside though??? Well, we forgot about it until the next morning. When we found it, this is what we saw. Lesson learned.
 ~Aubrey :)

My cute kids! Well, minus one!

No comments:

Post a Comment